In La Paz, Baja California Sur, a two-year-old baby died after her parents forgot her, for two hours, in the back seat of a car.
The baby was transferred to the Emergency Room at the General Hospital Juan María de Salvatierra, in the municipality of La Paz, however, she no longer showed vital signs, and the medical services could not do anything.
According to the diagnosis, the child died of asphyxia and, according to comments from a family member, her parents forgot her “by carelessness”, inside a vehicle for two hours, under a temperature of almost 40 degrees Celsius (100 F°).
So far, the Attorney General’s Office in the State (PGJE) of Baja California Sur has not issued information regardng the legal status of the parents.
Meanwhile, the Directorate of Public Safety and Municipal Transit of La Paz, initiated the campaign “Even with the windows open, do not leave them inside“, to make reference to the risk posed by the high temperatures in enclosed places and the so-called “heat stroke”.
TBP Newsroom with information from https://www.excelsior.com.mx/