[:en]Fatal shooting in El Centro leaves one dead[:es]Tiroteo fatal en el Centro California con saldo de un muerto[:]

[:en]EL CENTRO — Authorities on Tuesday announced that the suspect responsible for Monday’s fatal shooting here in the 3500 block of Mustard Seed Lane does not appear to be a threat to the general public.

The suspect, who remains at large and has only been described as a male dressed in dark clothing, was not observed in the company of anyone else during the shooting, which left a 28-year-old El Centro man dead.

The suspect reportedly fled from the scene Monday night on foot towards Fourth Street.

“Our personnel and allied agencies have worked tirelessly throughout the night and day and, while they continue with the investigation, the information obtained shows no indication there is a threat to the general public,” an El Centro Police Department press release on Tuesday stated.

At approximately 10 p.m. Monday, El Centro police responded to a report of gunshots fired in the 300 block of Jackrabbit Drive.

Responding officers encountered the victim in the front yard of a home on Mustard Seed, which intersects with Jackrabbit.

The victim was found with multiple gunshots to his abdomen, according to a recording of police scanner traffic on Broadcastify.com.

While the specific number of gunshot wounds that the victim sustained has not been disclosed, ECPD call logs stated 10 shots were heard by a reporting party.

The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene, and a deputy coroner was requested by 10:40 p.m. Monday, ECPD call logs stated.

The victim had been living at the residence for the past two years with a woman and three young children, according to a nearby neighbor who asked to remain anonymous.

The victim was reportedly cleaning his vehicle in his garage just before the shooting, according to the neighbor.

The neighbor said they believed the victim was shot in his garage and subsequently collapsed on his front lawn. The neighbor said they heard more than 10 shots.

“It looks like they came with that intent to kill,” the neighbor said.”They targeted him.”

The neighbor, whose spouse is a law enforcement official, said that it was common knowledge among law enforcement families living within the vicinity that the victim had a questionable past and that neighbors should keep their distance.

The police investigation is ongoing and anyone from the public with information related to the incident is encouraged to contact ECPD Detective Lopez at 760-352-2111 ext. 1331.

Source: http://www.ivpressonline.com/[:es]EL CENTRO, CALIFORNIA – Las autoridades anunciaron el martes 24 de julio que el sospechoso responsable del tiroteo fatal del lunes 23 de julio en el 3500 de Mustard Seed Lane no parece ser una amenaza para el público en general.

El sospechoso, que permanece prófugo y que solo ha sido descrito como un hombre vestido con ropas oscuras, no fue observado en compañía de nadie más durante el tiroteo, que dejó muerto a un hombre de 28 años de El Centro.

Según los informes, el sospechoso huyó de la escena el lunes por la noche a pie hacia la calle Cuarta.

“Nuestro personal y agencias aliadas han trabajado incansablemente durante la noche y el día y, mientras continúan con la investigación, la información obtenida no muestra ninguna indicación de que haya una amenaza para el público en general”, dijo el martes un comunicado de prensa del Departamento de Policía de El Centro.

Aproximadamente a las 10 p.m. El lunes, la policía de El Centro respondió a un informe de disparos efectuados en la cuadra 300 de Jackrabbit Drive.

Los agentes que respondieron se encontraron con la víctima en el patio delantero de una casa con semilla de mostaza, que se cruza con Jackrabbit.

La víctima fue encontrada con múltiples disparos en su abdomen, según una grabación del tráfico de escáneres policiales en Broadcastify.com.

Si bien el número específico de heridas de bala que sufrió la víctima no se ha divulgado, los registros de llamadas del ECPD indicaron que 10 disparos fueron escuchados por una parte informante.

La víctima fue declarada muerta en la escena y se solicitó un médico forense adjunto a las 10:40 p.m. El lunes, los registros de llamadas de ECPD indicaron.

La víctima había estado viviendo en la residencia durante los últimos dos años con una mujer y tres niños pequeños, según un vecino cercano que pidió permanecer en el anonimato.

Según los informes, la víctima estaba limpiando su vehículo en su garaje justo antes del tiroteo.

El vecino dijo que creían que la víctima recibió un disparo en su garaje y luego se desplomó en el jardín delantero. El vecino dijo que escucharon más de 10 disparos.

“Parece que vinieron con la intención de matar”, dijo el vecino. “Lo atacaron”.

El vecino, cuyo cónyuge es un agente del orden público, dijo que era de conocimiento común entre las familias encargadas de hacer cumplir la ley que vivían en las cercanías que la víctima tenía un pasado cuestionable y que los vecinos debían mantener la distancia.

La investigación policial está en curso y se recomienda a cualquier persona del público con información relacionada con el incidente que se comunique con el Detective López del ECPD al 760-352-2111 ext. 1331.

Fuente: http://www.ivpressonline.com/[:]

Leave a Reply