[:en]New justice system can’t be blamed for insecurity crisis in Mexico: Baja California Chief Justice[:es]Sistema de justicia oral no es culpable de la inseguridad: Jorge Armando Vazquez[:]

[:en]

ALFREDO AZCARATE VARELA
THE BAJA POST/EDITOR

The oral justice system which was implemented in Baja California and then in the rest of Mexico is not the cause of the insecurity crisis in Baja California and the resto of the country, nevertheless there are voices and critics of the system that consider it too be so, nevertheless and some Government officers talk about a “revolving door” by which criminals come and go, but the head of the Judiciary Branch of Baja California, does not think so.

95% of the cases submitted to Courts end up in arraignment within the New Criminal Justice System (NSJP in Spanish) of Baja California, the remaining 5% are not due to illegal detention issues, according to the State’s Superior Justice Court President, Jorge Armando Vazquez.

Blaming the NSJP for the insecurity problems is not correct, this situation is the result of a social problematic as a whole, said Vazquez who doesn’t agree with the general opinion that the NSJP is to blame for the crime wave that seems to grow in Mexicali, Baja California and all over the country.

Mexico needs to mature and face the reality about a new justice system which has worked I many “first world”, but it seems that Mexicans can’t get over the corruption and their idiosyncrasy doesn’t help them at all when they try to implement such an advanced Law concept.[:es]

ALFREDO AZCARATE VARELA
THE BAJA POST/EDITOR

El sistema de justicia oral, que se implementó en Baja California y liego en el resto del país, no es culpable de la crisis de inseguridad que se vive en Baja California y en la país, sin embargo hay voces y críticos del sistema que así lo consideran e incluso hay funcionarios policiacos que hablan de una “puerta giratoria” por la que entran y salen los delincuentes, pero el titular del Poder Judicial de Baja California no está de acuerdo.

EL 95% de los casos que se presentan en Tribunales se vinculan a proceso en el Nuevo Sistema de Justicia Penal (NSJP) del Estado, el 5% restante es por el tema de detenciones ilegales, afirmó el Presidente del Tribunal Superior de Justicia de Baja California, Jorge Armando Vázquez.

Culpar al NSJP por los problemas de inseguridad no es correcto, esta situación es resultado de una problemática social, aseguró el titular del Poder Judicial de Baja California ante una serie de comentarios que se han dado en todos los ámbitos culpando al nuevo sistema por los severos problemas de inseguridad.

“Creo que aquí lo que tenemos que fortalecer es la parte de comunicación a la sociedad de cómo se maneja el sistema, porque cuando escucho que la gente dice que los juzgadores están soltando delincuentes, yo pienso que eso no es cierto, las estadísticas contradicen esas versiones”, concluyó[:]

Leave a Reply